Thursday, January 17, 2013

Challenge Accepted

So I have a buddy who is also in the glorious field of architecture and design.  Recently he has been modeling up tons of furniture in 3D.  He came across one chair called the Baker chair.  He shared a link with me so I could view this particular chair.  He commented on how this chair was going to take some time and possibly be a little difficult to model using his current software.  He may or may not have said 'this chair is going to be impossible' but that's what I heard and I took it as a personal challenge.  For all those of you that are familiar with 'How I Met Your Mother' and Barney Stinson...

"CHALLENGE...wait for it...ACCEPTED!"

Just like Ted and Marshall (Barney's friends), my buddy is probably rolling his eyes, telling himself that he never challenged me, and that this is ridiculous.  So here is a video of me modeling up the Baker chair in 3D set to the music of my buddy's band (he plays the drums).  I sped up the video 5 times the original speed so that it fits within the length of one of his songs.  I rather enjoyed making this little video so this might become a more common element to my blog.  So until the next 'Challenge Accepted', enjoy!

3 comments:

Liz Huntsman said...

I thought this would be an appropriate quote for this situation:

Barney: Ted, your problem is all you do is think, think, think. I'm teaching you how to do, do, do.
Marshall: Doo-doo!
[laughs]
Barney: [chuckles] Totally.

LOVED IT! LOVED IT! I hope you put more like this on here again soon!

Chris said...

Thanks babe! I don't think blogs work like facebook otherwise I would totally 'like' your comment. :)

Karen Decker said...

I totally LOVE Liz's comment. :)